Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Android 2.1 Upgrade Breaks Multimedia station

The Problem


Last week I accepted the upgrade to Android 2.1 on my Motorola Milestone (Droid in the USA).  Some time later, when I put it in the Multimedia station dock, I noticed that the Multimedia station app would not start.


After some reading, the solution is simple, yet in many places it's not quite correctly described.


The Fix


On your Milestone/Droid open Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then tap the menu spot and select Filter. When the Filter sub-menu pops up, select All.  You will now see more applications listed.


Scroll down to the Multimedia station and tap on it.  Now this is where most of the "help" is incorrect.  They tell you to "clear the cache", but on my Milestone (and others by my readings) the Clear Cache button is greyed out.


What you need to do is to tap on the Clear Data button.  You will get a "panic" pop-up screen asking you if you are sure.  Well of course you are - after all, you want it to work again!  Don't worry, it doesn't delete the app.


That's it.  Dock you Milestone/Droid and it should fire up OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment